Greenlight Networks is an ultra-high-speed, broadband service provider, offering residential and small business customers Internet speeds up to a Gigabit per second. Based in Rochester, NY and founded in 2011, the company builds, owns and operates its fiber-optic networks to provide amazingly fast Internet connections to its customers.
We’re building one of the fastest networks in the US so that users can experience the future of broadband. Our customers are passionate about getting the fiber-optic, Gigabit Internet service we provide, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who are just as passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and building an amazingly fast network.
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team!
As our Fiber Installation Technician, you will be one of the initial points of contacts for our customers ensuring they experience a seamless installation process ensuring the highest level of customer experience is exceeded by providing an ultra-high-speed internet service.
Essential Job Functions
- Cabling testing and documentation (all media types).
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of fiber optic systems and networks.
- Working with optical fiber, etc. including performing all cable pulling, suspension, fiber terminating, and testing in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other local regulations.
- Working as part of a collaborative team to ensure premiere service to our business and residential customers
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
- Excellent teamwork ability and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of fiber optics cabling and splicing
- Ability to properly use all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks-including Drills, Cable Cutters, Splicers, Hammer Drill
- A high standard of work ethics with an ability to perform all work in a neat and quality manner.
- Ability to adhere to safety guidelines and requirements including wearing all forms of PPE
- Ability to work in adverse conditions including all weather conditions
- Must have great work ethic and be trainable
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry 25 pounds consistently.
- Valid NYS Driver License is required, pre-employment drug test, security license verification.
- Ability to identify and differential between colors
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of one-year installation experience highly desirable
- Prior experience working in outside environment preferred
For immediate consideration please submit your resume to email@example.com and specify Fiber Installation Technician in subject heading
Position Scope and Overview
Greenlight Networks’ Outside Plant Engineer coordinates with Engineering, Pre-Construction and Construction Management through all phases of an outside plant build to ensure that outside plant builds are completed as designed. This includes all outside plant jobs involving the installation, removal or rearrangement of outside plant facilities. The Outside Plant Engineer verifies that preliminary fiber designs can be built as designed by conducting ride-outs during pre-construction phase. During the build phase, the Outside Plant Engineer acts as a liaison between Construction Field Managers and Engineering to answer questions from the contractors on designs. Upon build completion, the Outside Plans Engineer coordinates with Construction Field Managers and contractors to verify build completion was per design and obtains as-built documents for entry into the Fiber optics databases. The Outside Plant Engineer reports to the Fiber Design Manager. The specific position responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Coordinates with Fiber Engineers to verify preliminary designs against real-world conditions of the build area
- Perform OSP Ride-out Activities, including preliminary design pole verification, parcel verification, design verification, utility verification, identify routing obstacles, aerial to underground percentage verification
- Coordinate with Pre-Construction for permitting and work with Engineering to adjust the design and approach as necessary
- Conduct site surveys
- Locate fiber optic cables
- Help to develop accurate fiber construction estimates
- Conduct walkouts with contractors of completed construction to inspect completed work for accuracy, adherence to Greenlight Networks’ standards and quality
- Coordinates with Construction Field Managers to obtain and verify as-built documentation from contractors
- GIS experience preferably in the telecommunications industry related to project design OSP Engineering
- Six years of experience in telecom, fiber network design or outside plant construction
- Proven planning and organization skills in a dynamic and high growth work environment
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- In-depth understanding of GIS and fiber design/management tools such as Bentley Fiber, Lode Data, Vetro, ArcGIS, OSP Insight, 3-GIS, or QGIS preferred
- Thorough understanding of Rights of Way, private easements, existing utilities (water sewer, gas, poles, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in state and municipal permits and easements
- Must be able to interact with coworkers, customers, municipalities, Telco Engineers, and contractors to acquire Outside Plant Records records, assessor maps, map info, and construction prints
- Experience reading blueprints, conduit prints, and floor plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to read, create, and interpret technical documents, fiber maps and as-built drawings, and legal documents related to easements and rights of way
- Ability to successfully select and communicate with contractors and vendors performing work or providing related materials to the company
Please apply directly online by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Greenlight Networks is currently recruiting for (2) Permits and Attachments Analysts to join our growing team: This critical role will provide assistance, facilitate, coordinate, and track Joint Use and Permitting activities and facilitate the execution of Joint Use Contracts, Easements, Leases, Rights-of-Way Agreements, Permits and other required documents necessary to carry out fiber construction activities. Will assists in managing and tracking make ready costs compared to budget and proactively work to establish relationships with permitting entities and pole owners. Other responsibilities include maintaining and tracking pole attachment records by pole owner for annual budget forecasting. Activities will include oversight of make ready activities including third party requests, joint use ride outs and field verification of work completion.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists Engineering Department with all facets of joint use and permitting processing for fiber installations.
- Completes purchase requisitions for applications, permits, licensing, and make-ready work. Reviews final invoices for accuracy, addressing discrepancies with the vendor.
- Take Ownership for the coordination of make ready engineering requests.
- Identifies barriers to application and license approval, keeping relevant parties informed, and troubleshooting resolutions to decrease delays and/or expenses.
- Assists with process & data management for Joint Use, Easements, Leases, Rights-of-Way.
- Attend meetings with Municipalities, County agencies, DOT’s, joint pole/structure owner(s), Railroads, and other 3rd party agencies.
- Inform internal team of permit statuses and associated timelines.
- On occasion work in an outdoor environment to collect field data that supports the engineering and design of fiber optic cable facilities. This will include measurements of attachment heights, span distances, pictures, etc… using the IKE GPS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage processes and deliverables associated with multiple projects.
- Display Excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively establish working relationships with outside entities for the purpose of executing Greenlight’sbusiness needs.
- Demonstrate Collaboration skills internal and external parties to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Skill in operating personal computer, MS Office products, Google Earth, IKE GPS and various software packages and Web-based products.
- Use of Respectful communication with co-workers and business contacts in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive to local agencies to drop off and pick up permit packages
- Experience with the National Joint Utilities Notification System (NJUNS) a plus
- Knowledge of pole attachment design including NESC requirements is a plus
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree or Two years of equivalent experience in the Telcom Industry.
- Knowledge of working with government agencies, jurisdictions, and Right of Way.
- 12 months experience in permit processing and/or telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility industry.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.